Saturday, April 6, 2013

Tasting- Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado

Name: Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Granada
Country: Spain
Year: NV
Price: $3.95
Vintage Cellar Review: Rosé salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that forms “lace” and “rosary”. In the nose is complex and elegant with red fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated “perlage” with serious and subtle flavors of dry fruits, pomegranate and lemonade. Long lasting scent of flowers and herbs.
My Review: This wine smelled like citrus and fruit, but I was not able to identify any specific fruits. It tasted crisp with a very light spice. I tasted pears and it had a nice aftertaste.  The sparkling aspect of this wine was a little much.  I thought this wine was so-so.  I probably would have liked the wine more if it was not carbonated. 
Food: Not tasted with food

No comments:

Post a Comment